The National Building Research Institute (NBRI) at the Technion was founded in 1952. NBRI is the research framework through which faculty members from the Technion’s Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, who work in the various areas of building research, conduct their funded research. NBRI is dedicated to the promotion of state-of-the-art research intended to advance knowledge and tools in the wide range of topics relevant to a developed construction sector. Research activities include innovative theoretical and experimental research, and are conducted within the framework of Structural Engineering; Geotechnical Engineering; Building Materials, Performance and Technology; and Construction Management
As a national R&D center, NBRI contributes to:
- the enrichment and advancement of professional knowledge in the fields of construction,
- to formulation of national policies,
- to promotion and realization of new technologies,
- to development of solutions to complex engineering problems in the construction sector,
- to the dissemination of professional knowledge developed at the Institute
- act as the official body responsible for the assessment and approval of innovative building systems.